Smoked Stir Fry with pork this recipe is perfect for healthy home cooking, it is quick and easy to prepare, tastes delicious and loved by the whole family. This is a high energy, yet low calorie hearty meal that can be made even healthier by using vegetables instead of pork. SERVES 4
2 10 ounce pork tenderloins (cut into small chunks)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 1/2 cups orange pepper (thinly sliced)
1 cup snow peas
1 tablespoon fresh ginger (crushed)
1 garlic clove (crushed)3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons white sugar1 teaspoon chili sauce (or powder)
3 cups coleslaw (or shredded cabbage mix)
3 green/white onions (thinly sliced)
2 teaspoons canola oil (or olive oil)
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1. Heat a pan or wok over a high heat, and coat with the canola oil.
2. Sprinkle the pork with the paprika and salt, then add the pork to the pan, frying for approximately 3 minutes (or until browned).
Then set to one side, allowing to cool.
3. Using a wok or large pan, add the sesame oil, pepper, peas, ginger, and garlic and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. In a bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and chili garlic and whisk to blend.
5. Then add pork and sauce mixture to wok with the vegetables and stir-fry for a further minute.
6. Add the coleslaw and stir-fry for 1 minute or until slightly wilted.
7. Remove the wok from the heat, sprinkle with the green onions, and serve immediately.