This smoothie is not only healthy, but it’s also delicious and 100% natural. The recipe contains frozen bananas, which is something you can buy in most supermarkets or even better, prepare yourself a few hours in advance by chopping up some bananas, popping them into a sandwich bag or shrink-wrap and storing them in the freezer.
1 frozen banana 1 large green apple with skin 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice 1 large handful of spinach 1 cup cold water 3 pitted dates 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Some ice cubes
1. If the frozen banana is whole, chop or slice into smaller chunks.
2. Core and chop the green apple, but keep the skin on.
3. Place all the ingredients except the ice in your smoothie maker or blender and process until smooth and creamy.
4. Add the ice and process again.
5. This drink is best served fresh and chilled.
To adjust the thickness depending on personal taste you can more banana for extra thickness or more water for a thinner texture.